Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Stoked: TVR in Shinjuku

During my study abroad stint in Japan I had a 50 plus min commute from my host family's house to the language school I was studying at in Shinkjuku. During the last 15 min of walking from Shinkjuku Sanchome subway station to class I was in the heart of shinkjuku and would constantly see incredible high performance pumpers of air. Including but not limited an Acura NSX, Lamborghini Aventador and Diablo that was vinyl wrapped in metallic silver, a McLaren MP4-12C and this fine little TVR Sagaris
Now this was the first time I had encountered one of these endurance racing bread pumps and had to do a lot of reaserch on it just to subdue my curiosity and learn more about an intriguing Air Pump I never knew existed. And a gorgeous one at that.
These were produced between 2005-2006. Sporting a 4.0l inline six producing a bit over 350bhp. Weighing in at just over a ton I'm sure they're a handful when you put your foot down.
Dispite my lack of knowledge of the Sagaris and having to look at Wikipedia just to find out the years it was produced I'm glad to say I've learned about another great piece of British engineering thanks to the streets of Shinkjuku. Considering no large number of these were imported into the States I'm not sure I would have ever even heard about one if not for my stay in Japan.
So dispite my mention and repetative bragging of the fact that I went to Japan, which won't lessen anytime soon (I'm just now having time to sort thru all the photos I took) I'd like to give Japan a shout out from one more enthusiast for constantly being a Mecca of car culture. 

Joshua Sewell

Instagram: josh_sewell_photo




No comments: