Sunday, May 22, 2016

A Walk In Yokohama+Rocketbunny Cafe!

Going To the rocket bunny cafe.. A dream for many car enthusiasts a reality for few... This was my main goal for the day I had in Yokohama. Aside from going to an Up garage and generally taking in the frivolities of Yokohama. After getting off the train at its closest stop to the Bunny Cafe I took out my camera and started documenting some Japan.
 Fist thing that caught my eye was a pretty looking FD Rx7. These cars look really good in stock form in my opinion. Stock wheels, front lip spoiler. Just enough to catch some attention but not to much to be obnoxious.
Just your average private tire shop in Japan.. with a mean looking 370z Fairlady getting some fresh kicks. The shop was just getting a new shipment of tires or I might have stopped in and tried some broken Japanese conversation with them.
Further down the road and after a lengthy stop at a seven eleven (Conbini (convince store)) It started to get a bit dark and I noticed the unmistakable DX headlights of a civic. Turned out it was a Type R. Picture taken.
 Another everyday shop, much like the tire shop. This was a filling station with gas around $5.21 US. I take for granted the gas I get, and complain about, in the states at $2.50. Notice the overhead pull down fillers and attendants waiting to assist you much like the service. Just like in the movie Wangan Midnight.
Embarrassingly I felt a little less homesick after seeing this McDonald's. I didn't get anything because I wanted to save my appetite for the Cafe so dont judge to hard. I personally cant get over the classical theme to this picture the Rx8 in the drive through the delivery scooters out front (yes McDonald's delivers in Japan), and on these cool three wheeled scooters with attendants in full uniform and a cool helmet. Classic Japan.
Spotted the 12th R34 I've ever seen in real life 8 of which happened in Japan. These things are literally everywhere over here.
While walking down a back road and a shortcut I found a security guard guarding a public park.. Id never seen that before.
As I came closer to the cafe I walked past so many of these vending machines.. I had to resist the temptation to buy though... had to get the full experience at the Bunny Cafe.
 The common view of a seven eleven. These much like the vending machines are everywhere in Japan, and they have free Wifi. This one with a AE111 Levin out front. One of those cars with a Blacktop 4ag engine that every AE86 owner wants in their car.
 Option! Very Exciting Car Magazine indeed..
 Little did I know that just past the Seven Eleven was what I was looking for. You can just barely see it in the first picture with the AE111. I spent some time across the street just taking in the fact that I had reached what I would like to consider one of the meccas of modern Japanese automotive culture. I snapped a few more shots and headed over.
 Throughout the month/year they switch out the pro car on display. This one is driven by Arkadiy Tsaregradtsev and in D1GP Special stage Odaiba Round 6 Tsaregradtsev made it to Ultimate 8 but got eliminated by Yoich Imamura In his LFA.. yeah a Lexus LFA... Drifting. Love it.
 It's crazy to think that less than two weeks earlier this car was competing in the world premiere drifting series.. and I could spend some intimate time with it. This cafe is next level.
 The Russian's office. What a job.
 Moving into the Cafe there was cool gizmos and gadgets of drifting goodness and craft beer everywhere. Notice the Drift Alliance Sticker on the helmet visor. Japanese must think Americans are at least kinda cool.
 Further on in there was swag and magazines and other dope items up for grabs. I ended up getting the "Four 6" hat on the right. along with some other stuff.
 One of the rad Australians I met and befriended at the cafe bought the middle right skateboard deck. I had a bit of a budget to stick to unfortunately so the hat was good for me.
 During the meal I had called the "Loca Moco" one of the Australians pointed out the wheels on the wall and bickered with his "mates" about how much money was hanging up there. I think they agreed on something like $1600.00 I didn't want to argue. I couldn't name all the wheels let alone estimate a price on them, and if  I argued they might have loosed their Kangaroo on me or something! I don't know what Aussies do when they're pissed and the last thing I wanted to do after eating the Loca Moco (which was delicious and filling) was to box a Kangaroo, so I kept my mouth shut.
After finishing the Loco Moco buying the swag and finding out that our server was a pro driver himself I walked over to the the Australian's Rental AE86 car with them to check it out and headed back home.

Over all I give this Cafe a "would defiantly recommend to a friend" kind of rating. I mean this place was just so cool. The ultimate destination for drifting and tuner car enthusiasts. I can't say enough good about this place. The driver, I mean server, was nice and treated us like a group of good friends. The overall atmosphere was chill and relaxed but had this energetic feel about it with all the automotive stuff going on. I could have stated another three hours and still felt like I could take in more of the experience. So If you do ever get a chance to go to the Bunny Cafe. My simple recommendation is to go. You wont regret it.

Thanks for sticking around!

Joshua Sewell

Instagram: josh_sewell_photo

No comments: