Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Glanced: Sidetracked on a Tour

 Tokyo is well known for is immense car culture. I has been said that if you go to Tokyo, you could spend three weeks there, and not see one modified car if you don't know where to look.
On most days I would agree with this, but in some cases there are gems of high class automotive prestige, or are indeed modified and get me a little exited.
Between the immense number of porches I saw on the particular day i did this shoot I also saw some other gems worth mentioning as I toured the imperial palace and some surrounding gardens on a private tour.
The first real gem was this Ferrari 599 GTO which I was really surprised to see and was indeed the first 599 that I saw in real life.
At the same intersection and only about two minuets later I saw this Ferrari 458 Italia.
Mazerati, not particularly well known for its high performance as much as its prestige but was well worth the note.
Another Porsche but indeed a special one. These 356's are a car I have always appreciated because they really are the car that separated Porsche from Volkswagen, and also performance from economy.
Now the one car that really stood out to me in this particular stint was this red Soarer. Between the vinyls, TE37's and the areo I have to say this guy probably wasn't headed to get groceries and goes to show that if you keep your eye peeled on the streets you'll find some great examples of how the Japanese automotive enthused operator in such a city at Tokyo.

Joshua Sewell

Instagram: josh_sewell_photo

No comments: