Friday, July 10, 2015

Dogwood Days Final Entry: E-Type



Despite the length of time in which the Dogwood Days car show was held, I still have one more item to show from it on Air Pumps. This is in my opinion is, despite the imperfect state which it appeared, the premiere car of the show.


Although this Jaguar isn't a hard top, which of the two is more rare, I still find it impressive to see this pump at this show, and therefore it speaks to how this car show is growing year after year and also speaks to the rarity of these cars and their legitimacy in being shown at a show even in this state.


Once I laid eyes on this car I knew I had to show it on Air Pumps. Not only was I very surprised to see it but also I was impressed to hear that it drove to the show that same day from more than 75 miles away!


Now this car was far from perfect but I think all the imperfections are someway of telling the story of this old e type. I found so much character in the faded paint with some parts having flaked off, and others having corroded air pockets.


With all the imperfections I found in this car, I felt a real authenticity about it. With some restored cars (I am fully aware this is a unrestored exsample) there is a thing of two about them that makes it easy to see they were gone through with something other than a tasteful artistic restoration in mind.


Unfortunately this fast paced mentality is all to common, I personally would rather see a classic left alone than restored to a sub par level.


So in leave of this brief article I bid the owner of this classic a word of encouragement to not skimp where one might find it easy to.


Joshua Sewell

Instagram: josh_sewell_photo

No comments: