Friday, May 29, 2015

Lighting Tracks on Fire and Killing Tires: Stateline Open Drift.

 This last Sunday I had the opportunity to shoot another drift event with "Stateline Drift". With these photos I used a different software than I have on previous shoots and I have to say I am very pleased with the results. So here are some of the better photos of the event, potentially having already been seen if you pay attention to the Stateline Drift Facebook page or my photography website, I might make some comments on the photos, but I might not. Enjoy freinds.

 This was the first time I caught up with the villains, they have some pretty rad videos on YouTube linked in the purple text, and after spending a lot of time working on and driving in their cars and an unknown amount of time in Seattle drifting at Evergreen Speedway and at PARC in Canby OR it is easy to see that they know how to drift.


 This was Dave, he drives a pink V8 swapped miata, and tears it up.

 I was very pleased to find that I caught the driver in the rear view mirror of this and one other photo. luck or skill I'm not sure, but it is what it is.

 This RB25 swapped s13 was probably my favorite car at the event, not the fastest or the best, but my favorite for reasons I'm still trying to figure out.

This Silvia was swapped with an RB20 engine and sounded great out on the track. Cant go wrong with a swapped s-chassis.


 This S13 was another of my favorites, the V8's are fun and all for great power on tap and reliability, but a jz swapped S chassis is probably the purest form of modern drifter and "I just can't get enough."



 These three destroyed the track a couple times. Watching the triple tandem was probably the highlight of the event for me, that or my ham and cheese sandwich I had for lunch, kinda a toss up.
Feel free to comment and share what you think of these neat photos, I'd love to hear from you guys! And if your interested in prints leave a comment and we can go from there.

Joshua Sewell
Instagram: josh_sewell_photo

No comments: