Friday, January 23, 2015

Farm Animals; Goats, Roadrunners, Beetles and More.

The sixties and early seventies saw production of some of the thirstiest, prettiest, and fastest production Pumps to hit the American roadways. Over the years, with fuel prices fluctuating, and time taking its toll, these legendary Air Pumps have been left for only the few who care about them enough to locate them, and invest their precious time and resources into seeing that they are resurrected to their former glory.
This brings us to an undisclosed location to see what one Air Head has accumulated over the years. After introducing myself and breaking the ice with some wordage he first showed me his pride and joy.
An all original GMC 100 with a HYDRA-MATIC tranny and a new wood plank bed in the back.
If you look past the thick layer of dust that has accumulated over many moons of waiting to be fired up and driven, the old rig looks downright smashing.
This 100 series truck wasn't the flashiest of pick-ups back in the late forties, but a lot of time has gone into this old geezer and that is something to appreciate.
After showing me his GMC he walked me back outside and showed me this mess of a Plymouth Roadrunner. (Which I initially thought was a Plymouth Barracuda, you can see how much I need to brush up on my old Muscle car history). Just as he was about to explain more about it he got an important phone call and had to head back into his shop, leaving me to explore the premises.
I took this opportunity to peek inside the cab of the Roadrunner and saw what looked like a nice little addition to the already peppy Pump in the bay of the Roadrunner.
I then layed eyes on this sorry looking GTO, in addition to the Roadrunner this feller recently had a new engine and trans placed in it. All they need now is a fresh coat of paint and some minor parts to be road ready.
After getting my fill of the Goat and its cheese I walked back past the Roadrunner and noticed a relatively nice looking mustang in the shed.
The public safety announcement on this sun chewed 1987 Z28 caught my eye, #NOFATCHICKS
I was pleasantly surprised with how well the mustang looked, besides the obvious missing grill, it looked really clean and complete.
The contrast of a cherry old rig like this sitting in a run down shed has always intrigued me, let the building take the beating... I couldn't find any identification on those wheels but I enjoyed the look like a fat slice of Dutch oven cooked blueberry cobbler topped with a layer of whipped cream, on a lazy weekend out in the woods, while the tree leaves rustle in the slow breeze, and the sun warms the faces of the ones you love as it rests its head on the nearby mountain range... but I digress.

Beyond the Mustang there was this feller, who has quite obviously lacked the use of brakes in the past.

I started to notice a trend with the wheels, can't say they looked bad on the beetle either.
 As I walked back to the shop to say my good-byes to the tour guide, this 1967 ford caught my eye, and I'm Glad it did because this might be the best photo of the shoot.

So I'll leave you with that, the sunset of another day, that this old Ford has had to wait to once again feel the cold oil surge up and begin to circulate through it's cold veins as it sets of for another adventure.

Joshua Sewell

Instagram: josh_sewell_photo

*NOTE: (all photos in this post were taken from an iPhone 4s)

No comments: