Sunday, September 20, 2015

Utah Lee's: STi from the dawn of creation.

Every once in a while I seem to stumble across some pretty neat cars. Sometimes this is at a track day sometimes this is out in the wild and sometimes I find a real jem at a carshow, dispite the often watered down exsamples found at the local shows near me.
In the case with this glorious Subaru Impreza WRX STi feast your eyes on something I have only seemed to witness for real, in real life, once. A car bred only for the purpose of having a blast at the track.
This Blue and carbon embellished beauty was found at a car show in Logan Utah, and although I attended it early this summer I very much felt the need to have it grace the pages of this site. I can't tell you how surprised I was to find this car at this car show. The original feels of the show as I drove up were a 1970's muscle car and earlier geezer show with Lynyrd Skynyrd music playing from the local band. I was very presently surprised to find this butte.
I have quite realistically never ever in my entire life seen a car with this much aftermarket carbon fiber on it in person. I was drooling for extended amounts of time and found myself tongue tied many times whilst chatting, err trying to muster up words for a conversation when questioning about this Pump. I mean this (i never asked) probably has 20,000 dollars worth of just exterior goodies, you couldn't find and angle on this car that didn't feature at least a little carbon fiber, again, I was in awe
I can't tell you what kind of wheels those are because I never got around to asking the owner because I was to busy absorbing all the stimulating information siting before me. This guy even had lexan windows in the back, lightweight, and shaved to maximize the mass amounts of air being surged through the flat four engine under the, again carbon fiber hood.
Now unfortunately I wasn't able to get much information about the engine because of all the staring, and also because unlike most motorheads this guy didn't seem to want to talk much about what his car could do, and had in it, and stuff, but it's to late to be reckoning on mistakes of the past. I can tell you that this has four cylinders, a turbo, a cold air intake with red mesh filter and an upgraded inter-cooler. I and fortunately I was able to squeeze out of the owner that the hybrid (Mr. Bean riding the yellow mini explains what a hybrid is) engine was pushing around 430 hp that's like four hundred and thirty horses all pushing this car at the same time but without seeing any of the horses or having to deal with their poop or anything, so that's pretty neat.
And all those horses were pushing a stripped and lightened chassis. This little feller looks like a kick in the pants to drive. Bolt in roll cage for added stiffness and more yummy gauges in the dash to keep track of the life blood of the car. Stock momo steering wheel? Nothing wrong with that.
Everywhere you look at this car there is an attention to detail. No proverbial "stone" has been left unturned, and that is something that has emptied many wallets and deprived sleep of this owner for many nights no doubt.
What is there to say to a man and a build like this that take what was once a conservative form of a grandmothers safety conscious AWD grocery getter, and turned it into a savage and unruly lightened stripped and strengthened monster made to scare the pants off any grandmothers who aim to go along for a ride. All I can say is thank you nameless owner for taking potential, and making it reality, for taking a blank canvas and turning it into a masterpiece. You the unnamed motohead, with a vision and a dream, an empty stomach but a smiling face... I salute you, for this build, the past, and the greater ones to come.

Joshua Sewell

Instagram: josh_sewell_photo


No comments: