Monday, December 15, 2014

Frivolities of Formula Drift Seattle.


Like recent viewers know, I went to Formula Drift Seattle this last summer. At this event I took some neat pictures with my dads vintage camera. I also had another camera that I went totally nuts with, and I want to share some more of the images I got of the event. The Pro Am section, the pits, and the Offset Kings show, in no particular order. enjoy!
First stop for me was the pits. Rob Primo (The Tallest Man in Drift) munched his car in practice, unfortunately his team's improvisations didn't quite get him back out in time for qualifying.
 This bug was looking wild with that fitment.
 and the ej20 in the back was pushing 300hp. Quite a load for this chassis.
Dia strategizing with his crew, squad, people.
 Danny Gorge was another victim of practice.
 Next stop was to hone in the panning of the pumps for top 32.

 Dia
 Diago Saito in his 10,000hp sc430
 Drove high...

 When you need a break from all that media, you might as well set up yourself a few thousand dollar arm rest.
 Next was some Pro Am shots.
 Loved the look of this eight six. Some say the Chassis is to old for the hype of the sport now. I beg to differ, especially with the right mods.
 Another example of an older chassis shredding.

 You can see the eight six's bumper behind the silvia
 This guy was pumped.
This was a pretty great battle in Am, and I can't complain about the lighting that poked thru the clouds. Gotta like all that forced air being pumped.

 Pretty sure this Silvia looked better with less bumper on it.
 Neat to see these teammates battle it out, to bad the rx8 lacks the rotary with which it was once graced.
 Next stop was the Offset Kings. This Rough-Welt rig stole the show.
 This monster was another highlight.
 I loved the fresh look of this Z.
 I'm sure the owner could fit some more gauges in there. The penguin as nice too.
 Can't go wrong with an old Samurai
 This is the best shifter.
 This RHD levin was looking great.
 Nothing wrong with the classic ag in there
 Had to go back up for the latter of the pros, Angelo got munched.


 This run was father to a few real fun shots.
 Oh, that was fun to see




Here's a good end with a rare pass only rumored about in hushed whispers and dark alleys in the sport of the drift. This one is just for you..

Joshua Sewell:

Instagram: josh_sewell_photo

No comments: